national keynote speaker, mc, facilitator
booking information for clients
NOW TAKING BOOKINGS FOR 2021- 2022 (see form)
WHAT WE NEED TO COVER OFF ON BEFORE BOOKING:
REQUIREMENTS OF THE HOST
YOUR PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS
TESTIMONIALS FROM INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS
Visit our INSTAGRAM page stories or Facebook for all other daily testimonials.
Sarah Harris, Studio 10 host: ''Shanna is real, raw, & authentic.''
Mia Freedman: ''Shanna's a bloody legend!''
Steve Price, 2GB Radio Sydney: ''Shanna is a powerful and authentic voice for the bush.''
Caitlin Shea, Australian Story Executive Producer: ''Shanna is a leading talent with a powerful story.''
Ben Cheshire, Producer of 'Last Drinks' Australian Story: ''Shanna is a natural speaker and storyteller with an infectious sense of mischief and an uncanny ability to involve and disarm her entire audience..''
Brooke Hanson, OAM + Olympian: ''Shanna's authentic delivery will without doubt save lives and make a difference. I thank her for empowering Aussies to look at themselves.''
Natarsha Belling, Channel 10: ''Shan is pure heart and soul. She's a bush gem.''
Ernie Dingo, TV Personality: ''co-hosting an event with Shanna was a piece of cake.''
Costa Georgiadis, TV Presenter & Celebrity: ‘’Shan is a totally connected and engaged professional. Working alongside her as she was an MC meant that (as a guest) I could hit the ground running and direct my energies to the right place at the right time. Shanna is extremely articulate, informed, prepared - but also extremely quick, spontaneous, and funny.''
Craig Hamilton, Australia’s leading men’s mental health speaker: ‘’Shanna is an absolute rock star! She speaks with authority, integrity and lived experience - and that is priceless.’’
Emma, audience participant and farmer’s wife: ‘’I was lucky enough to meet Shanna at Boorowa International Women's Day event. Wow - fabulous speaker, gorgeous and down to earth human, getting people talking about the alcohol culture in Australia, but NOT in an awkward way. Just raw and relatable.'
Jen, audience member, TEDX Canberra: ‘’I was very fortunate to be in the audience when Shanna presented at TEDx Canberra. Powerful. So powerful. I was completely and utterly captivated the entire time by her authenticity and rawness, and her huge, huge heart.''
Anne Braithwaite, workshop delegate, Australian New Zealand Mental Health Association, Gold Coast:
''It was wonderful to hear you speak, and to learn about your work and vision. I am originally a country girl and now live in the city. Having grown up in the country and as a Mum to three boys, I can absolutely concur that the culture around our demographic when it comes to alcohol has long been overlooked and a serious concern. Please keep doing what you are doing! We need you!
Anonymous rural farmer: ''Shanna is one of us. In every way. She gets it. And because she is so real and so a articulate - she is gifted to break down one of the most difficult conversations of our time, and make it okay.''
''Shanna is an absolute professional who can fit in at any event. She is a passionate and infinitely relatable personality who smashes through barriers the moment she begins speaking by combining gutsy truth with lived experience, humour, and intelligence. She is carrying one of the most powerful and necessary messages of our generation for our demographic. We are so fortunate to have her in our back yard, advocating for us!''
We've listed some information below, to get you started.
(1) REQUIREMENTS OF THE HOST
- first up: evening events where alcohol is served are not a problem
- we DO ask that you've got a sparkling water on hand for your speaker though
- second: speaker-fees are paid directly into the charity as tax-deductible donations
- third: typically, a minimum of 30 minutes is required for Shanna at an event
- a guaranteed quality working microphone and sound-system is essential & the host must ensure back-ups, spare batteries, troubleshooting checks are in place prior to event
- please also advise us on what equipment you have in terms of projectors, etc.
- adequate pre-arranged seating must be organised by the host well before kick-off to ensure a cohesive and inclusive 'crowd' environment where all attendees are comfortable and within hearing range, facing forward, etc (this applies especially to rural events)
- for any MC roles; plenty of research notes, information, appropriate in-depth background information is required in terms of your event, audience, and any sponsors, run-sheets, VIP's etc. Phonetic spelling is needed for tricky names well before the event.
- Shanna is unapologetically meticulous on detail and preparation so that she can adequately not just prepare in full but deliver at the event - so detailed info needs to be sent well beforehand
- for remote locations - please let us know your nearest airport, carriers, and easiest route
- always allow a day either side of rural events for rest after travel
We will send a quote to you based on your requirements and travel.
Our speaker-fees are in line with Shanna's national profile, and are not for personal profit.
Keynotes with Q&A begin at $3800 depending on the event. See below re: charities, etc.
Travel and logistics to consider:
flights are charged to the host in line with pricing at time of confirmed booking
car hire : 4WD vehicle hire and independent transport is required for remote areas
accommodation & meals will be charged back to the host in line with corporate standards
events further than 200km from 'home base' will require overnight accommodation
meals and incidentals are covered by the host
for regional travel fuel is charged at .74c/km
our travel agent & booking fee will also be in your invoice
for any TV or stage work; makeup and styling to be covered by the host
CHARITY CONCESSIONS : some concessions on speaker fees can be negotiated and discussed for other NFP's, small community events and charities in exchange for ''in-kind'' promotion; such as the cross-sharing of our website and SITC logos etc in the promotions and advertising leading to your event. Let us know about your charity; and this can be discussed further if you're interested.
a $600 deposit is required to secure Shanna Whan in advance of an event
Deposits are non-refundable if the host cancels less than 2 months before the event
If an event is impacted by weather, natural disasters, or unforeseen circumstances (including COVD-19); this will be viewed as unforeseen losses incurred by the host
SITC will not be liable to refund flights, accommodation, car hire, transfers, etc. Only the speaker portion of the fee will be remitted, if already paid in full.
(6) INFO ABOUT THE NORTH WEST FOR HOSTS TO CONSIDER
flights available for Shanna from Narrabri but limited - so lead time is vital
Sydney and Brisbane are each about a 7 hour drive away
(7) 'SAFETY-FIRST' policy
Shanna is absolutely non-negotiable about personal safety first. What she does, and what she gives is often emotionally intense. Therefore her travel plans and itineraries are built specifically to ensure adequate ''rest & revival'' between events. She needs to have totally independent transport options for travel (car hire) when rurally or regionally speaking.
TAKE ME BACK TO THE BOOKING PAGE & FORM.